View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #11
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Ford towbar fitting prices just wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
No my point was to advise the OP that him/her fitting the kit is not the end of the job and wanted to make sure they knew it had to be programmed if they did not already know.

What some people don't also understand is a lot of OE genuine parts are more expensive than the aftermarket equivalent as the testing requirements are a lot harder for the vehicle manufacturers. Any part has to pass relevant crash and durability tests that most aftermarket manufacturers don't have to adhere to. Testing costs a lot of money and that has to be amortized into the parts price.

It would be interesting to see if the breakdown of parts and labor, theoretically labor should be the same regardless. But I would be aware of cheap tow bar parts...

To clarify aftermarket manufacturers do have to adhere to crash & durability tests to satisfy insurance companies and ADR requirements otherwise your vehicle can be at risk of not being covered.

One thing I do know which I did not mention is surprisingly how prices can be different between dealers and sometimes prices can be negotiated lower as I have done this myself numerous times with dealers.
Your reason for high price still does not cut it with me, just pure greed at times as dealers are known for this.
I too do know people that have worked for dealers in all levels.
At the end of the day it is up to the customer if he or she thinks they are getting a fair deal or to purchase an aftermarket product which can be just as good as the oem product.

Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: