Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2016, 02:42 PM   #3115
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Did Giro Della Donna on the weekend, damn near killed me. I have done a couple of longer riders before, and a couple with more elevation, but for some reason this was just the most mind rending ride I have ever done, I have not pushed myself so far through the barriers of cramps and just wanting to stop like that since I was 16 at recruit school, absolute torture. Riding through cramps for the final 7km up Mount Donna Buang when the legs already had over 100km and 2000 metres on them was so damn hard, everything in me was saying stop but i managed to keep the legs turning in granny gear all the way to the top, at around 7km/h, thus that last climb took me almost an hour. I rode cautiously from the start, keeping heart rate down and preserving legs etc. but the legs just had nothing for that final hour, nothing, just cramps and no power, heart rate still low etc and breathing fine but legs were just completely trashed. I finished and laid on the ground with cramps everywhere, every time I changed position slightly I cramped somewhere else. Not enough water stops on the course etc. certainly did not help. This day was torture, pure and simple.

https://www.relive.cc/view/786585764
top work Trev. Lots to be proud of there mate.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont