Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 07:59 PM   #538
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

Tell you what I'm really not happy with these new Continental tyres - they put ContiPremiumContact 5 tyres all round,

Mistake - I've let workshops choose my tyres for me three times now and all three times they've made poor choices where I haven't been happy.

Car requires a bit more movement of the steering wheel to respond to steering input, say you need to move it maybe 5 degrees from centre to get it to start moving where as with good performance tyres the car is always spot on where it'll react to the very slightest steering input.

Its noticable on the highway, because if you want to make minor steering corrections you need to move the wheel a bit more before it reacts, it feels like it 'walks' around a touch.

Its also taken steering feel from the wheel, its like its dampened the road

I wanted Michelin Pilot Sport 4 again, they only had Primacy XM2 which are some comfort bull****, they said alternatively they had Continentals in stock so I'm like **** it go the Conti's, given the circumstances two days out from Christmas and they got me out of the **** so I didn't have much choice, I couldn't be ****ed chasing my own tyres around the Christmas break, while its on the hoist and around the corner from work just do it.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote