Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2020, 09:49 PM   #535
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
So at 220k I had a motor trimmer repair the seat.
At 230km the air dam fell off at 100km hr -replaced.
The window seals were starting to go it was a bit noisy it was rough riding and it was sold for an LZ at 278000.
The LZ was traded at 129000 as it was riding rough seat was going brakes were going ....shocks were going....
They don't really hold up well to our roads and that's before you have someone like me who beats the crap out of it for every single kilometer of its life

Though its been good, its only let me down twice now, the first time was early on in its life where it crapped out a battery and wouldn't even turn over in my driveway when it was new.

It used to kill batteries every 12-18 months until about 3 years ago we modified the battery holder and put a large Century DIN85L MF in there, it hasn't killed it since and its going onto 4 years old now.

I haven't done a set of brakes on it yet and I'm very rough on my cars, it still has the set it rolled off the production line with, it even does stuff like pulling 6x4 trailers and with the back stuffed full of crap with the seats folded down.

I do tyres every circa 17,500-25,000km though but that's probably more because of my lack of using brakes and my driving style.

Its starting to blow a little bit of blue smoke on cold start after sitting for a few days so its showing signs of getting tired of being abused, but until it throws a rod, compression drops so far that it won't run anymore, it does an injection pump or set of injectors I'll keep abusing it

Its at that point where I don't really know what I'd replace it with, it continually does 5.5L/100km and gives me 800-900km out of a tank with me beating on it, it still has balls so its OK to drive and its good on the highway if you want to overtake someone, there's nothing that really fits all three criteria sub $20K on the second hand market aside from something newer in Ford Europe's range like MD Mondeo which is bigger, WZ Fiesta ST or one of the last Honda Accord Euro's if it popped up but they're torqueless pieces of **** you really have to work to get moving but manual ones are fun to drive winding them out to 7000 RPM.

Given the distance I cover and how I enjoy driving I'm probably not really cut out for new car ownership, done it twice now and I end up voiding warranties soon after I get them modifying stuff
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote