Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 05:56 PM   #519
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
You drive it too hard Franco. And don't use the brakes enough. Seriously that's great mileage for your original brakes, did mine at 150000.

Have you done the timing chain/belt water pump tensioner due at 200k ?
have you replaced the shocks etc yet.

They are a great car these TDCI, s with the six speed. Sold mine at 278000km was still going like a train.
Yeah just got it back on Thursday, went in for its major at 189,000km.

Timing chain/belt, its tensioner, had the water pump replaced, all the engine and trans mounts and all fluids, coolant flush, power steering flush, etc.

I sourced all genuine parts, still have an account with a Ford dealership which is handy so it gets all OEM parts come service time, wasn't too bad it all came to about $1200 for all genuine stuff sans fluids.

Its like a new world, no dash vibrating anymore from toasted engine mounts, interestingly the mounts didn't appear to be damaged/torn but its a night and day difference with the car now, it used to vibrate the bonnet at idle and the windscreen and dash, now nothing, so smooth.

I've had the full set of shocks 3x - its on its second full set of Bilstein B8s the car is lowered 30mm and has shortened shocks to match.

It needs a windscreen next, its been cracked pretty badly from top left to near the rear vision mirror for about 2 years but haven't bothered to have it replaced.

Still does 5.5L/100km and I beat the hell out of it, its had a real rough life.

Pads still seem to have meat left on them so I reckon I'm going to go 200,000km+ on the factory rotors and pads.

Mechanically the car is good but the body has issues, it leaks water from the rear 1/4 windows and both taillight assemblies into the boot, its been abused on dirt roads and constantly pulls an overloaded 6x4 trailer on the regular though

I'll eventually retire it and it'll become the spare car or unless it does something expensive like an injection pump then it'll get a viking funeral I reckon, I commute 30,000km+/year just driving to and from work these days so its cheap to get me about.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-05-2020 at 06:06 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: