View Single Post
Old 27-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #48
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I don't see why everyone has it in for the EPA or the regulations themselves... I enjoy a good engine note and friggin love the sound of a throaty v8 giving it a bit BUT I do also like sleeping and peace and quiet. I have neighbour who drives a ricebox 300Z with a milo tin on the back... at idle the thing is so god damn loud it _literally_ shakes our windows and rattles the plates/glasses on the shelves. I don't enjoy being woken up early on most days of the week when he goes to move his car to let his gf's car (another rice box) out of the driveway. And sundays are even worse! Then there's when they decide to go out for a drive late at night... My Falcon is as quiet as a mouse compared to his car.

I guess what I'm saying is that the rules exist for a reason. I'm sure most of you would be ****ed off if your neighbour started mowing his lawn at 4:30 am or cutting timber up at 5 am on a sunday.

Our suburb is quite old so the houses are literally on top of one another, having a car with such a loud exhaust here is pretty inconsiderate. If you lived in whoop whoop who gives a toss... Why should I (and the rest of the neighbourhood) have to suffer for the sake of one person who's car is inappropriately loud?