View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #49
MattstaF6

Default Re: Advice on buying BF Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tut0r View Post
I'd assume most people would flash it back to stock if they were to sell the car to you, especially if they are going to all that effort to remove said mods.

Also I'd still rather my modded xr6 than my girlfriends bog stock proton. I bought my N/A unmodded, well it had an exhaust and that was it, few months of owning diff needs replacing, oils probably hadn't been changed in 20k + brake discs needed machining...And this car was stock!

But now my car is modded and probably runs just as well as my girlfriends proton you know why i'd take mine? Well one she has a proton but two I look after my car, being the typical girl her car is a to b thats it, if I asked here today when her next service is she wouldn't have a clue.

So while I understand what you say Hulk its not just clear cut as modded is thrashed and stock is well looked after, I mod all my cars and look after them far better than most people I know, especially the girls.

Actually makes me laugh when I see a car for sale saying "female owner", I just wonder...

The way I see it, Who buys a high performance car and doesn't thrash it here and there? No One. Obviously if the car is modded then is could possibly be worn a little more than a standard one, but as long as the mods are done buy professionals it shouldn't be a real issue. However,I would rather buy a stock car and do the tune and modded parts done myself, at least i know the factory parts haven't been over stressed.

Last edited by MattstaF6; 06-02-2015 at 10:43 AM.
MattstaF6 is offline   Reply With Quote