View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 10:32 PM   #19
Moya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Its cool, was just a figure of speech. But yes, I've driven many, many cars of all different sizes. Admittedly some of the sporty little things have stunning handling (and brakes too usually) but many, many of them are absolute shockers. Things like Lancers, Mirages, Corolla's and anything from Gaywoo can be as light as they like, they handle like playdoh.. and lack any power to even attempt to make up for it. I would be more than happy to put my car up against quite a few of these so called "sports compacts" and I can assure you, they arnt getting away, even on some of the real twisty roads like the GOR. whatever tiny amount of handling edge they may have (and many of them simple do not have anything close to an edge) would be gone the moment they come out of the corner.
Things like the CRX, WRX and 3 seriesBMW's certainly have the handling and even the go, but the vast majority of cars sold as "sporty" compacts are anything but.
Cheers mate. Naa I wasn't questioning your experience, rather, just trying to get a more 'real' aspect as to whether it's worth it or not. In other words, try to remove any bias (if any) from your statement
Moya is offline   Reply With Quote