View Single Post
Old 26-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
stevheng
Starter Motor

Default Ford Mondeo engine shuts off while driving

I have a very concerning issue with my 2010 Ford Mondeo TCDI MB automatic (not the dual clutch one).

The first time the engine shut off, I took it to an independent mechanic and they hooked it up to the computer and could not find any fault codes. I did a bit of research and decided to change the camshaft position sensor.

Fast forward 2 months, and the engine died again... when it died. Lost all power steering and braking. It was a very scary experience.

On all the times it has died, I have been travelling at around 50 km/hr. On all occasions I've had the aircon and radio on, so I would be driving like normal, then all of a sudden pressing the accelerator does nothing and steering wheel is heavy, thats when I realised the engine was off. No warning, no spluttering at all.

I've had Ford look at it, they tried to replicate the problem with no success. They said they checked all the mechanical components and everything working as usual and that there were no error codes recorded. They did say that there was new ECU updates on the car which they completed.

A week later as I was coming up to a red light under light braking, the engine turned off again.

Has any experienced this before or know what could be wrong?
stevheng is offline   Reply With Quote