Thread: Ecu
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
wanneroo

Default Ecu

For many many months I have had problems with the EF fairmont not wanting to start after having been warmed up then standing for around 3hrs I had to press the throttle down to get her to start, I had the vehicle in to auto electricians three times and other mechanics they found no problems so they changed the injectors which I supplied plus an ignition bank a TPS module and mapping module plus an oxygen sensor complete set of ignition leads and plugs a new temperature sensor the ECU was also re coded
this cost me a fair bit of money, The fault had not shown up it was intermittent however it presented the same problem no one could find the issue it cleared
This week I got in my car and stated her she cut out each time I started her no idle at all I called the RAC they came and suspected a vacuum leak to no avail The car was put on the truck and taken to the RAC repair dept it was then taken to an auto electrical place where they diagnosed a faulty ECU I was quoted $600 to have this changed and all set up
I went today to collect the car paid the repairs I was very surprised she started like very quick and drove with a very responsive touch on the throttle she flew like never before she idled in Drive at 700rpm rock steady I am very impressed that the ECU could improve performance like this I am beginning to wonder if the ECU had been the problem all along with starting I don't all I know its like driving a new car I know my car well having had her many years but wow what a change to her running
wanneroo is offline   Reply With Quote