View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #24
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Crash in a tin-can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Truck Driver probably saw the car was about to cross the road well before you sister in law did. but they need to, as they cant just stop or swerve into another lane like a car can. so many things to think about in a split second

good outcome.
Yes but it didn’t happen as obvious as that which is why I take my hat off to that driver. The car had stopped in the centre island as everyone had expected - you can see that in the footage when we watched it. Once stopped he then drove in front of my sister in law. God knows why but that’s the case with many accidents - why why why. As soon as she slammed the brakes on it was about the same time the truck swerved and just missed her. It was so quick, if he had been looking elsewhere, even for half a second, he would have taken them out. A trucky like that is what I call a professional driver. Truck drivers are like motorbike riders, they have to drive for everyone else on the road to keep all safe, which is what happened here. He’s professional driving is why 2 people are still alive in our family.

They only had the camera on the car for a few weeks too. Was great because the details of the company was on the side of the semi. They were then able to contact the company to pass on their thanks. The company was already well aware of what had happened and were happy to hear from them.

When he swerved Bevsta there was a ute next to him so it’s great he was on the ball aswell. A good example of why never ever to let your guard down on the road.

Last edited by chrisandsharon; 10-07-2018 at 01:54 PM.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: