View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfcrussell
Honestly cant say what the fuel consumption is. Ive bought the missus a BA XT MkII and have to sell the trusty old AUII wagon, but cant if it wont even start.

According to the missus the problem has been getting progressivley worse.

At $55 + postage on eBay, what do they normaly go for??

Thanks,

Russell.
Ford prices used to be over $300 when the AU was new, but as it's the same part number for the BAs as well, I'm guessing it's still up around that price.

Even Autobarn/Repco etc were silly prices. The same O2 sensor is used in the I6 and the V8, but they want something like $240 for the I6, and $180 each for the V8.

The ebay ones are genuine Bosch, and work a treat - though I doubt the O2 sensor would actually stop the car from starting - it's only job is to regulate fuel mixture during closed loop running, which is part throttle or ***, not cold start. Cold start is set in the ECU to run rich, and if you're not getting enough fuel through, this is why she won't start properly, though I have no idea why the fuel system would work better when the car's warm.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote