View Single Post
Old 31-07-2016, 01:48 AM   #99
DaveD_XB

Default Re: My XB Coupe RestoMod

The driver’s side extractor is always more of a pain to get in place, I had thought that with the steering box out of the way it would be easier but the brake booster still makes it a pain compared to the passenger side…. But no clearance issues

It clears the uni-joints for the steering well too

Clears the rack nicely too

They are bloody wide pipes, it might be fun yet getting them fitted in when they have to wrap around the transmission too

With the engine & extractors all in I decided to refit the brace kit & fit up the carb to see what the top of the engine bay will end up looking like & make sure that it will all fit under the bonnet line

Next job is the fun of trying to fit all the accessories to the front of the engine, so because this is not a stock block or stock heads & because I’ve gone with an electric water pump & not the factory style & I currently have some fancy aftermarket mini power steering pump…. Well there are just no off the shelf brackets that will bolt up that I can find, I have some choices (as you can see) so I decided to see just how close to making this work I could get

1972 Dodge Challenger R/T - Mopar Weekend Toy
1969 GTO - Pontiac Weekend Toy
DaveD_XB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: