View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Driving to Work Costs 14k per year

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
My daughter is in Copenhagen for a uni break and the photos she sent this morning are really something else- lots of people walking (and they look pretty thin and healthy) and lots of bike riding- one video showed a close collision between a female cyclist and other cyclist at an intersection between 2 roads in the city.

I realise Australia with big distances has gone car dependent, and it is probably too late to go and deconstruct cities, but there is something in having smaller hubs with mainly walking/bicycles in hubs and perhaps hubs connected by trains/trams etc.

Too late for Australias big cities but still- like Parramatta - try to generate more bicycle use and hub integration.

Just looking at those shots of Copenhagen makes me realise there may be a better way. I mean Melbourne and Western suburbs Sydney just a shocker....
Western Suburbs Sydney is ridiculous, the first time I came to Sydney I stayed in a hotel in what I thought was 'Sydney'

Turned out it was 'Rooty Hill' which is apparently still 'Sydney'

It turns out Rooty Hill is a $113 drunken one way 70km Uber Ride from Sydney CBD (70KM out of Melbourne is the damn sticks)

It probably would have cost like $5 by train or something but left my used needle at home in Melbourne that I stick in my arm to make myself fit in with the crowd on the train.

Shout out to Mont5.0 and TEZG for ferrying me about last time - AFF Uber service

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 12-06-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: