View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:56 PM   #124
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I'm open to thoughts as to:

1. Where 'x' should be set but as a guide the current gallery allows each user 500 Mb with a maximum file size of 500 kb.

2. Whether $10 per annum is considered a reasonable cost for 5 Gb of hosted storage.

Cheers
Russ
In the 12 months I have had my Shine N Shine thread going, I have posted around 380 photos in it.

Being images sized for web based viewing, they average the recommended 200 - 300Kb in size. This means that I have only used 100Mb (0.1Gb) for AFF purposes.

$10 per year for 5Gb of hosted storage on AFF servers is a steal as others have stated, and more than enough space than most members here will ever need for posting photos in AFF posts.

The only downside I can see, to members who choose to use the AFF web space instead of a 3rd party host like Imgur, Pbase or others is that AFF have the same restrictions in place as Photobucket in 3rd party hosting as Russell has stated.
i.e. AFF does not allow you to use the space to host your photos in other blogs or forums other than AFF.

So for members here, that may also want to sometimes link their photos on Facebook, a blog or anywhere else on the web ... Then uploading to AFF web space may not be the answer for them.

Last edited by GO FURTHER; 09-07-2017 at 11:10 PM.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: