Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #275
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: XC Cobra #140

A few small updates.

I was not happy with the headlights that had been restored so after a number of months, I managed to get a couple of NOS ones.

And now fitted to the grille

The carby is now on properly and most connections have been done, a pic of underneath from the transmission

And a few bits that have been bought/reconditioned

Radiator

Radiator shrouds (one for the P6 LTD as well), before and after cleaning

Exhaust system, still need to chase up the collector pipes

We all love NOS

Note to self, always put choke tubes on before installing engine. This is turning out to be a crap job getting these on now

Lucky score here - long range tank NOS fuel sender

Air conditioning parts
New compressor

Drier/Receiver

Tx valve

I am currently working on buying all new hoses (plus fittings). The condensor is also being cleaned and pressure tested. Once done, it can go back in along with the radiator, shroud and grille.

I have also stripped a few AC compressors so as to get all of the drive pulleys zinced

I have asked the question here pertaining to "silver or gold" drive pulleys" I think it is a case of silver, not gold

I have tried cleaning up some washer bottles with mixed success
Before

After

They are clean inside but they are quite yellow on the outside. Will try a few tips from this thread
Cleaning washer bottles

Hopefully I can get rid of the yellow staining.

And a few pics of the engine as it stands now

Paull is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: