View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #89
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 
Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

I remember this issue with Imageshack a few years back, so I personally swapped over to imgur.

For anyone who wants to use imgur in the interim whilst Russell works out the best plan of attack for the future, here's how to easily upload images at the right size and get them here;

1. Log in or register with imgur.com.
2. Hover over your username (top right of screen) and select 'images'.
3. Select 'auto resize' on right of screen and choose your desired image size (generally 800x600 for forums I've found). If you don't select an 'auto resize' resolution then your image will upload at its full size.
4. Now you can just drag your picture from its folder on your computer and drop it in the middle of the imgur website and it'll automatically upload at your selected size or at full size if you didn't choose an option in 'auto resize'.
5. Click on the image you just uploaded, select the BBCode and paste it into your post. Various other types of links (including direct) are available too.

If want to upload multiple images then follow the steps as above, up to and including step 3;
4. Select 'Add Images'.
5. Select 'Browse'.
6. Select as many images as you need to upload in one sitting, but you need to select them all by holding the 'control' button your keyboard and clicking each image. That'll highlight each clicked image and once you're ready select 'Open'. All your images will now upload.

If you forgot to choose an 'auto-resize', but have already uploaded your images at full size;
1. Hover over the image you need to resize.
2. Click the little pencil symbol.
3. You can now select even more images to edit in the same sitting, but each is done separately. If selected, each image will be surrounded by a green box.
4. Click 'Edit' (will be just above the top right picture in your gallery).
5. Now you should have the image open for editing and you'll see in the top right of the editing area is the dimensions of the image. Change the left number to any number (as above I generally use 800x600, so it'll be '800' in this example) and leave the tickbox for 'lock proportions' ticked. As the proportions are locked, the right box does not need to be edited or changed as the appropriate number will be created automatically.
6. Click 'Apply' (opposite corner to size dimensions we just edited).
7. Click 'Save' (centre top of screen).
8. Now you'll return to your image gallery if you only selected one image to edit, but if you selected more, then they'll automatically appear for editing now and so just repeat steps 5-7.
9. Once back in your image gallery follow step 5 from the top instructions to the links for your image.

Hope that helps people out with the mass migration from Photobucket.
8 users like this post: