View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:05 AM   #88
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 
Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXRSIX View Post
I read somewhere, (can't remember which news article it was now) that Photobucket have first targeted those users whose 3rd part linking bandwidth had reached or was greater than 10 GB as the cut-in alert point.
I figure that is the case too.

I've had a 'free' PB account since 2008, but it has only grown to 260Mb of content at 2.6% of the allocated 10.1GB free space.
Of that content, about 250Mb is linked (3rd party hosted) to threads here at AFF over many years. AFF is the only real
purpose for my PB account.

My PB account could be regarded as tiny on volume but I'm unsure how that translates to 'bandwidth for linking images'.
Archived and old AFF threads & posts with my pics would never see much traffic, but I suppose my main build thread
has experienced a measure of consistent viewing over the years.

Anyway, it looks like some solutions to the dilemma are in the works - be it via another hosting site or here at AFF.
Thanks again to Russ and the AFF crew for looking into it and helping us all out.

Last edited by EB#; 05-07-2017 at 08:21 AM.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: