View Single Post
Old 13-02-2017, 07:38 PM   #82
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Have Useless "Safety" Features gone too far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized View Post
DSC would have to be the best safety feature ever invented, closely followed or on par with ABS

You don't have to expect anything. Just drive the car as you normally would. If the tail steps out the DSC will assist you in correcting it, nothing more. If you swerve at high speed to miss a roo you'll most likely hit a tree or something much bigger than the roo, but if there's space the DSC will have much more chance of keeping the car on the road than you do regardless of your ability.

Having said that, it's always a good idea to find a skidpan and "experiment"
Cheers mate, thanks for that and good to know but I will still experiment somewhere .

A few years ago on trip to Qld in my 4wd I came over a small hill just before Broken Hill and the road was blocked by a massive herd of wild goats. Had no definitive braking room distance and I had no need for a months supply of goat chops. Managed to skirt around the gravel outside with a bit of a slide etc and changed the undies later

My understanding of DSC is it’s basically to assist those that may put a rear wheel off on the dirt causing the rear to step out etc, which is all fine and a definite plus. But what I don’t know is what happens if I have to do a deliberate swerve in the FG to avoid something alar as above or a fallen tree etc.

Would Suri say “ Ok wombat I don’t know why you just did that but I have activated DSC to get you back on track but you might also want to brace for impact
ozrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: