View Single Post
Old 13-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #78
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Have Useless "Safety" Features gone too far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrunner View Post
Currently, having recently purchased an FG ute with airbags I am now trying to understand how its DSC works so I know what to expect. Google tells me that its best to keep the wheel straight as it will straighten you up etc. But in many cases I may have to intentionally swerve to miss a roo or some other large inert object and the last thing I would want is for it to straighten me up to actually hit it.

Overall, it seems to have good advantages but I want to ascertain if there are any other possible reverse consequences to the extent in some instances it maybe best to turn it off and stay with basic opposite lock skills etc. I need to find a skidpad and experiment
DSC would have to be the best safety feature ever invented, closely followed or on par with ABS

You don't have to expect anything. Just drive the car as you normally would. If the tail steps out the DSC will assist you in correcting it, nothing more. If you swerve at high speed to miss a roo you'll most likely hit a tree or something much bigger than the roo, but if there's space the DSC will have much more chance of keeping the car on the road than you do regardless of your ability.

Having said that, it's always a good idea to find a skidpan and "experiment"
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: