View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #24
Sooty
Bugger 'all Member...

Default Re: What was predicted GTHO Phase 4 Lap Time at 1972 Bathurst...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
Well there you go. Do you think that Ford had enough Landaus built before a race held on Sunday 9-Sept. I think not !!
I'd say you are almost certainly correct Dr Terry. According to that particular table I cited earlier, only 85 of them had been manufactured by the end of August '73. They would therefore have to have made 115 of the 173 Landau's manufactured during September in the first 5 working days of that month...

But... If a gang of rowdy XU1 Fanboys happen to get you on the back foot over the matter, you could throw the following statistics at them: It appears that a total of 736 Hardtops of all types were made during that particular month, which - if spread out evenly over the 20 working days of that month - works out to a rate of about 26 of them per working-day, which happens to equal 130 hardtops over those crucial first 5 working days of the month, which when added to the 85 Landau's previously produced, would have been 15 more than the number required for homologation of the brakes, if they were all Landau's... (which is possible in Fan-land...)

Anyhow, Best Wishes for now,
Sooty.

Last edited by Sooty; 25-10-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: