View Single Post
Old 24-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #15
Sooty
Bugger 'all Member...

Default Re: What was predicted GTHO Phase 4 Lap Time at 1972 Bathurst...?

In terms of the road cars Boss, I think it was just the Landau's to begin with, and the GT's didn't receive them until the XB.
But... with regard to the race cars, I think I might have read or heard that Marsden was able to use discs all-round in '73 on the basis of claiming that the Landau was a production variant of the GT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
1972 - Alan Moffat Phase 3 - qualified @ 2:38.5

1973 - John Goss XA Hardtop aka Phase 4 - qualified @ 2:33.5
Yes Cheap, you might be in the right ballpark there. An "Improved Production" Phase 4 wouldn't have had the fat 1973 Group C rubber, so one would suspect a time somewhere in-between the two you have cited (especially if Ford were able to use the 4-wheel discs on the '73 XA Group C) The only major unknown is probably whether the 351's power output in the first year of Group C was up, or down, compared to an Improved Production (ie. blueprinted) Phase 4(?)

I'm surprised however that none of the articles that have been written thus far have seemingly been able to extract an official "forecast" out of any of the leading factory team personalities who are still with us...

Anyhow, thanks to all of you so far Gents, and Best Wishes for now,
Sooty.
Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: