View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
Mondaveo

Default Re: Classic stuff up

Thanks for the story, please keep us posted on how it unfolds.

IANAL, but my thoughts:

I too thought the Ford service came with complimentary roadside assistance, but maybe it's only a basic membership and not sufficient to get a tow. Still you might be able to get the $150 (or even $243) back on that basis, but I don't know about the rest of your out-of-pocket.

The loan car could probably be viewed as a generous compensation if it costs you (next to) nothing, assuming it comes with unlimited km to let you continue to go back and forth to Sydney as long as you need.

The tranny will come down to whether it still functions properly or not I'd say. If they are able to give it a tune-up and send you on your way without any more error messages, they'll probably be happy to cover the cost of basic service items and give you a 12mo guarantee. If they have to start changing parts or the whole transmission (and changing the TCM or clutches is really not far from replacing the whole gearbox anyway) they are NOT going to want to eat the cost of that, but with legal threats you may be able to trap them in an ethical corner. Unfortunately I suspect they'll try the cheapest/most minimal fix first and then "see how it goes", but who knows. Maybe all the fiasco with dry-clutch Powershifts will have actually had a positive effect in making them not fob off customers like they used to...

(P.S. If this is the Ford dealer I'm thinking of, then I'm glad I took my car to a reputable independent for it's last B service )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 10-08-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote