View Single Post
Old 28-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
Notlovingthemondeo
Starter Motor

Post Common MD Mondeo Problems?

Hi guys, hope this is in the right section, I’m new to this forum so unsure where everything goes.

Thought I’d start off by asking if anyone has heard of any common problems with the MD mondeo wagons, in particular the diesel ones?
I bought a 2017 Titanium MD Wagon in Feb this year and it’s been giving me real headaches.
First started with a clunk coming from the front left wheel with any movement - dealer unable to replicate.
The dash being mostly digital tends to lag a lot, as time goes on it gets progressively worse. I can turn the car on and it can take up to 2 minutes to display anything other than the RPM Count - intermittent fault, dealer can’t replicate.

My biggest worries are as follows - transmission Kind of sticks and revs itself to high heaven, normally shifts at anything over 2000rpm during normal driving but lately it gets “stuck” at 3000 and won’t move unless I change it with the flappy paddles - Dealer can’t replicate, intermittent Fault.

Last night drove about 40 minutes, turned it off briefly and went to start it, it attempted to turn itself over for 10 seconds, coughing and spluttering before it just went clunk and stalled. Started it up after that and it was fine, except a slight hiccup 10 minutes later on idle.
Shortly after that mishap we got an error message on the sync screen saying the GPS was malfunctioning and since last night has not worked.

Any ideas what it could be? I’m hesitant about taking it to the dealer and receiving their standard BS response.
The car does get driven a fair amount, I’ve done a little over 20,000ks since feb, but I’ve serviced it, and overall is a well looked after car.

Cheers
Notlovingthemondeo is offline   Reply With Quote