Thread: OBDII Adaptors
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #27
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: OBDII Adaptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
So it sounds like the BMS is continuously recalibrating itself, so there is no reset required to work with a new battery (it effectively resets automatically) except to restart the counter.
Reading the manual again I see this which I had forgotten about seeing before:

'Battery Monitoring Sensor reset

The Battery Monitoring Sensor also estimates losses in the battery capacity over time. The Battery Monitoring Sensor should be reset to factory default settings, when the battery is replaced.

It is urgently recommended that the replacement battery has the exact same specification as the original battery. If it does not, the accuracy of the Battery Monitoring Sensor outputs will be compromised.

The Battery Monitoring Sensor reset is part of the battery replacement procedure in IDS (Integrated Diagnostic System).'

Notice BMS would mean battery monitoring SENSOR in that context, not SYSTEM.

The sensor is on the negative battery terminal:

'Battery Monitoring Sensor connection

The Battery Monitoring Sensor is clamped directly to the negative terminal of the battery and grounds to the vehicle at the chassis ground connection point by means of a thick (25 to 35mm2) cable and eyelet. External customer loads must only be connected to the vehicle at the customer battery connection point. If the external customer load is connected at the negative battery post, the Battery Monitoring Sensor accuracy cannot be guaranteed.

It is recommended that the Battery Monitoring Sensor pole clamp is not removed unless a battery replacement is required. Should the battery need to be isolated, this should be done by disconnecting the ground eyelet at the chassis ground.'

So the reset question is still open I'd say.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: