Thread: OBDII Adaptors
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #23
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: OBDII Adaptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post

So this is kind of cool - I found additional battery PIDs under the BCMii module, including state of charge and number of days in service. 1948! That's 5 and a third years, which is basically the age of the car (build date Nov '10). If that's true then it would be the original battery and possibly getting tired. (Wonder if BMS reset is required to reset that count, or it just knows when a new battery is connected and restarts counting?)

After charging and a drive today, it went up to 93% charged and the V_BATT read 12.68 with the engine off, so it may be happy for now. Will check back during the week to see if it discharges abnormally quickly.
I took at look at my car which has recently had a new battery and no, the day counter is not automatically reset by removing the battery. There are two ways of changing the battery, with or without a backup battery. I've had mine out both ways so answer seems to be confirmed.

Both our cars are showing 80% state of charge, which is the level the BMS aims for. Your 93% is not normal unless an external charger has been used. If the battery is failing then it's a fiction anyway, just a superficial charge which soon disappears.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: