View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #58
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

hell mine didn't take 8 months but it sure felt like it.......I ordered and paid for mine in july 2011.......install was to take place by august at the latest

august rolled around and nothing done....contact made by me to service personnel (1).....oh we need site pictures,..a photo of the house roof at 40 mtrs, a photo of the house at less than 20 mtrs, a photo of the distribution box and two photos of the internal purlins also measurements between purlins and precise roof measurements, I said well dont you do that and the answer was oh no that is up to you

this I reluctantly did and waited..2 weeks later I phoned again only to be told my original "handler" had quit and no-one was on my case,....photos were lost please submit a second set....not happy but I did so

this was repeated twice up to and well after the september deadline for the lower feed in tariff which is why I kept on with them...anyway a lot more problems including not being able to physically fit the panels on the roof even though I had given them the measurements

a lot of to-ing and fro-ing and sacked answering personnel and more lost paperwork it was decided that the panels would fit on the garage, after me upgrading the house distribution box at a cost of $3,500 the system now was to be placed on the shed......photos please

so photos submitted and measurements taken they say that two extra purlins need to be placed and the distribution box in the shed is no good

I had to place the purlins at my cost and the distribution box upgrade cost me an extra $1400

I measured the shed and found that I could place two extra panels up there so I rang the mob up and asked if i could purchase two more panels......they would sell me one at $700 but the inverter would not take the extra power from the requested extra panel.....I offered to pay for the upgraded inverter and panel but the answer was a simple "no".....I could not understand why not as they advertised "upgrades" but would not sell me an "upgraded" system

time comes for etsa to upgrade the meter to a smart meter and I was told that the pvseg numbers were not submitted and it could not be done.....quick phone call to ask for the numbers and I was told that the pvseg numbers could not be allocated until the meter was upgraded....etsa would not upgrade without the numbers.......I spat it and ordered all off my property and cancelled the solar, I'd had a gutfull,

within seconds I had the pvseg numbers.......then the feller from etsa said he shouldn't really install the meter as the numbers don't match....GRRRrrrr!!!

spat it again and a quick phone call from him and the meter was installed......

my neighbour got a 2.5 kilowatt system installed a month after mine was finished.....phoned on a wednesday....installed and finished by the following monday......he didn't have to do a thing

what a difference a company makes

but all finished now and producing free power with no more power bills for me!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote