View Single Post
Old 15-04-2018, 10:26 AM   #13
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

I reckon its a cultural thing, we grew up with those two very much loved manufacturer's & name plates, they were like family.

They are atm two longtime Bathurst competitors that made winning race drivers household names, our nation is very sporty & that synergy is what makes us love our Falcons & Commodore's plus the fact that both the cars were manufactured here in Australia.

All those factors i mentioned imo is why certain Commodore drivers around here anyway like to pose/showoff when I'm out & about lol.

Its perhaps a sign of respect & a celebration of our car culture imo - now with Holdens current woes in shifting vehicles because it seems they took for granted their old customer base. There i said it lol!!

I believe that cultural synergy is what they lost & maybe why their (Insignia cough cough) Commodore is tanking atm.

Anyway, so now when i see a Commodore driver pose off in front of me its actually a tip of the cultural hat & a show of love & joy for their favourite cars.

And no its not the "ive got a bigger you know what" type of thing lol!!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: