View Single Post
Old 15-04-2018, 07:39 AM   #8
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

In my SS I know to drive sensibly around any Falcon with a Turbo badge. It’s a battle my stock SS will not win!

I’m not one to look for a ‘race’. But being completely honest here, the most recent couple of times I’ve been challenged have been by Falcon I6 owners.
Once was like 4am and and I was beside a I6 ute, no other cars on the road. We were stuck at 3 sets of lights together, first 2 he gunned it off the line and I didn’t. 3rd set we both gunned it and I became a pair of tail lights in the distance.

Another was an I6 sedan who came up on the left beside me while I was in the middle lane stopped at lights. The left lane ends a few hundred meters after the lights. I gave him a small 0.5 second head start to see if he’d go for it or take off normal. He went, so I went. Similar story to the ute.

I’ve actually never had the pressure put on me by an I6T or any Miami V8 Falcon. I would accept the challenge, knowing I’d lose. But would do it out of curiosity.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: