View Single Post
Old 21-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #10
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went for a pretty big drive yesterday and clocked up another 800ks, I found the only way to get down to 5.0l/100 was to cruise on about (all speeds are from a GPS since the speedo is out about 5ks as per normal Fords) 85km/h, 90km/h was good for about 5.1, this was on the normal old rough country roads. I had to stay on those kind of speeds anyway as it was late at night in areas heavy with Kangaroo's. Soon as you sit on 100 the fuel usage goes right up to at least the high 5's. Overall it uses at more fuel than my friends Honda Jazz which will definatly sit on 5.5l/100 if not better on the highway at 100 on the same roads. I feel like the Australian version of this car should have the diff ratio changed to suit, 2500 rpm would have been more sensible and also while I'm complaining the SEAT WINDERS ARE SH I T anyone else noticed that? I'm still in my 30s and have good strong wrists and I struggle to adjust the passenger seat, someone in their 70s would have real problems ?. So if Ford ever reads this I think the car needs to rev at 2500 on the highway + a 2 litre engine and better seat adjusters, then it will be perfect.

Vision Zetec, I'll check the oil tomorrow I still have the bottle. It was alot thinner than the stuff the car came with that's for sure but I think it was the 5-30. The highway sticker figures are in a bit of dream land I think unless your driving on roads as smooth as glass you wont ever see under 5 at 100, but I'm able to do way better than 6.0 in town (not much traffic in my town:P ).

My parents are currently on a trip around half of Australia and they are averaging 7's on the highway in their auto AU, considering how big a car that is, it's very impressive. It's been to Alive Springs a couple times before and got 7's then too, It's probably no different to an auto Fiesta.

Oh yeah the service cost for 15k was $140 (we supplied the oil)

Last edited by greenfoam; 21-06-2009 at 08:33 AM.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote