View Single Post
Old 18-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default WS Fuel economy update

Ok we had the 15k service and gave them some Castrol edge sport to stick in it. So far (half a day) my wifes averaged 6.4l/100 previously it's used 6.6 average on her work trip. But I took it on a little drive out on the road yesterday and I beleive the oil change was worth .3L /100. That would put it in the range it's supposed to use since on the original oil on the Geelong-Melbourne freeway it was sitting on 5.4l/100 I'm sure it would run somewhere between 4.9 and 5.1 now. The very rough surface on the roads around here however make it very difficult to get good figures locally. It's somthing I get upset out when everyones trying to save on pollution and every km every car travels is burning more than half a litre per 100 extra just because the Government wanted to save a few dollars on a dodgy road, that would add up to some serious numbers. But anyway, you can all look forward to about .3 per litre better with the oil change. I figure the non Zetecs would be a bit better on fuel with the thinner tyres

greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote