View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 04:32 AM   #35
kpcart
Banned

my mates 2008 merc c class 1.9L 4 cyl turbo diesel is rated for for 125kw and 400nm. it has more torque then the old 5L ford windsor motors and only uses 6.7L/100km. it will also go from 0-100kmh in about 8 secs in auto (1550kg car). the diesel also sounds pretty sporty when driving it, nothing like a truck diesel. i own an EB V8 stock, and i can say the 1.9L merc ****** all over my ford in speed in a straight line and in turns, and uses about only 40% fuel that the v8 requires.
Diesel technology has come a long way. Ford should put a turbo diesel in the falcon, as most falcon drivers are used to good torque, and only the 2% tryhard/loser majority use it for driving fast (it is not a sports car). a diesel option will also give a much better fuel economy then the current engine options. instead ford are going for the dud small petrol engine option (4cyl turbo) that will have similar real world economy figures to the 3L commodore. just you wait people, it will be advertised well, but the real world figures will be 30% out of the factory specs of the fuel economy when driven in the way aussies drive, just like the holden figures have been proven to be by leading car magazines etc.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote