View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

I would like to expand my system to around the 5 kilowatt but to do that would mean putting it on the roof of the house which I'm reluctant to do

.50c per kilowatt gives me a "profit" (fully taxable of course) of around $2,000 per year,

given the system cost me about $13,500 then upgrades to my distribution box costings of $3,000, total of roughly $16,500.....this included the government rebate of around $4,500

then I am looking at free power in around 8 - 9 years

power prices are skyrocketing because of the mining industry and simple price gouging by overseas conglomerates,

the generators tell you it is because of home solar systems but it is bunkum the other excuse was to "cover necessary upgrades to the infrastructure" which is not happening in our region at least

I'm glad I went solar when I did even though the systems are a hell of a lot cheaper now and will continue to fall in the future

there are systems going up everywhere here!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote