View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Definitely keep your car, you've put so much effort and time into it to just let it go. Also, you know your car inside-out, where with another one there could be lotsa things that need to be repaired/replaced.

I might be biased, but if I was you I would put it on gas. Saying that, go for the VSI system, like I have in mine. It is much better than the mixer type. No backfiring, stalling, loss in power etc. I converted mine 7 months ago and since then hasn't missed a bit. It might cost a bit more than the old system, but it's worth it, especially after the gov rebate. With the weekly savings, you'll get back that money very soon.

Just for a record, the Numurkah trip costed me about $35, and Wagga about $70.

If you decide to go for it, give a call to APS in Frankston, they're the mob that did mine and also a first VSI BA XR6T in oz. Very professional guys, I would recommend them to everyone. My work mate converted his 5.0 EL Fairlane recently through them on my recommendation, and is more than happy.

So Tone, keep the Pumba and VSI it!

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote