View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 01:31 PM   #166
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: 6Piston Brembo kits FG and Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I foolishly started a thread in the Brakes section, not realising we already had this resource. Great to have such expert advice available.

I need to replace the brakes on my 2009 Territory Turbo Ghia, and I'm thinking up upgrading to either 14" or 15", as per the FPV GTs and/or Mustangs.

So I have a series of questions:
  1. Will the bigger Rotors and Calipers fit under my Factory Turbo Ghia rims. (18", standard 7.5" 36.5mm offset.)
    I know that 14" rotors will fit 18" rims, but I don't know if 15" rotors will fit, nor what offset is needed for the Brembo Calipers.
  2. Will the Brembo Calipers bolt straight on?
    Or do I need dogbones? And if so what are they made from?
    I have seen some awfully flimsy crap sold as "Brembo Fitting Kits" and I certainly wouldn't trust my brakes to them.
  3. Do I need to change the Master Cylinder, ABS Module, EBD pump, etc?
  4. Is any reprogramming of the TC or DCS required?
  5. What is the advantage of cross-drilled, slotted, and/or dimpled rotors?

So I have a series of questions:[LIST=1][*]Will the bigger Rotors and Calipers fit under my Factory Turbo Ghia rims. (18", standard 7.5" 36.5mm offset.)
I know that 14" rotors will fit 18" rims, but I don't know if 15" rotors will fit, nor what offset is needed for the Brembo Calipers. - No and if you go larger than 14" rotors custom brackets will need to be made and clearance depends on the wheels you get
[*]Will the Brembo Calipers bolt straight on? - No
Or do I need dogbones? And if so what are they made from? You will need brackets and they will be either steel or alloy
I have seen some awfully flimsy crap sold as "Brembo Fitting Kits" and I certainly wouldn't trust my brakes to them. - I wouldn't either
[*]Do I need to change the Master Cylinder, ABS Module, EBD pump, etc? We haven't had too
[*]Is any reprogramming of the TC or DCS required? Not that we have seen customers need to do
[*]What is the advantage of cross-drilled, slotted, and/or dimpled rotors?
Looks but mainly dissipate heat and water and cooling along with grip..

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: