View Single Post
Old 20-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #51
Pugsley_12
Starter Motor

Default XR5 Unable to be started

Folks,

I've had exactly the same problems regarding not being able to start my XR5 Mondeo Turbo. I've done approx 18,000kms and didn't have too many starting problems up until about 2-3 weeks ago when the car more and more frequently wouldn't start. I took it to my Ford dealership, they tested the security codes, etc and came back and said there wasn't a problem. I took the car home and couldn't start it to go to work the next day. I took the car back in and they tested the codes, etc again and came back with the same answer as before, that there wasn't a problem. Eventually I took the car back into them and demonstrated in front of them that the car wouldn't start. Since then, the service department have actually been ok and have been seeking assistance from the Ford HQ. It appears this is a common fault that Ford know about, however, they're not willing to admit that its a fault with the car. My car is currently in the Ford service garage getting the key fobs reprogrammed. I hope this is the end of my starting problems and I can actually drive it now. After paying such an amount for a car, I certainly was expecting this kind of problem after only just over a year.

As well as the car not starting, I've had to put up with the rattles from the B-pillars. These are ongoing problems, and I've had the car in about 15 times to try and sort the rattles out. I've managed to get to a point where they've dampened down however they certainly haven't gone.

I was looking forward to getting my Mondeo XR5 Turbo for such a long time and its the most I've ever spent on a car. Unfortunately my time with my Mondeo has been more of a hinderance than a pleasure. Hopefully I can get the not starting issue sorted and I'll be selling the car soon hopefully. My patience with Ford has worn thin and I'll never be buying another Ford again.
Pugsley_12 is offline   Reply With Quote