View Single Post
Old 24-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #88
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
My team sponsor Team Design FS277 in 5inch flavour.

The only frame I have zero complaints about and is an absolute tank
I still think my next drone will be a 7" frame

I have emailed my local Shire council about where I can/can't fly within the conditions of CASA's and droneflyer's regulations.

Apart from disallowing flights at Hanging Rock without a permit and two week's notice there is nothing and they are not answering (so far) direct questions that need specific answers.

I can understand the Hanging Rock scenario, the place is crawling in people climbing and visiting the place (would make a more interesting photography site for the OP though), but even though the entire facility is never all used at once sometimes it comes close (obviously those weekends would not be suitable).

However in Woodend there is an old horse-racing track and its surrounds which are all public space. Given the population of Woodend is about 4,000 people you'd think I'd be able to get away with being able to fly at the back end of the racecourse reserve...no people, no property but a lot of open flat space and trees to fly around.

The issue drones have is that people think they're little spying devices that are used by perverts to look through your bedroom curtains. Plus you get the odd knob that does something stupid like fly his drone to Bunnings for a sausage on a Sunday...

...so I can sort-of understand the Shire's reluctance to give me an answer. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Push comes to shove I live on an acre in the middle of larger acreages, I don't have neighbours for hundreds of metres in each direction. My nearest neighbour gave me permission to fly my AR.Drone over part of her land...alas she moves out tomorrow and I haven't met the new owners yet.
Ratmick is online now   Reply With Quote