View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:12 PM   #132
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
In the NSW doc I posted above, the definition of speed is on pdf page 11.

@b0son, my mistake, the wording should have been 'contributing factor' and if NSW report it as speeding, it removes distraction, fatigue etc.

Re the QLD article, it's obviously a cut down report so won't have the legal definition of speeding, it simply is not BS because it doesn't have that info.

I noticed nobody responded (except for Blue Shadows great post ) to my question re where the $$'s goes, presumably it's to line overpaid pollies and the Secret Policeman's annual ball? OR -
https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/saf...speed/cameras/

What's the answer if speed cameras are simply revenue raisers? should they all be removed? pretty sure that would then allow us all to finally speed in peace...
Ok. How about building better roads.

If you compare the Road Infrastructure in Australia with other countries like in Europe, The United Kingdom, America or even Canada. Australia's roads would has to be one of the worst in the world.
Have a look at Australia's National Highway (Highway 1) or any other major highway / road system and see how bad it really is. Especially the Bruce Highway in Queensland. Ask any Truckie. They will tell you.

Australia's Road Design and Traffic Management is out-dated and needs to be brought into the 21st Century.

I am amazed why State and Federal Governments are not serious enough in building a Super Highway Network (like the Autobahn in Germany) for traveling at High Speeds in state as well as Nation wide. This country has the room and space for this type of road infrastructure. The only problem with building this type of infrastructure would be cost and who would foot the bill.
If the State and Federal Governments use the Fuel Tax as it is should do. That is, using all the Fuel Tax on building and maintaining the road system. And not using or spending the Fuel Tax on other areas. We would and could have a better road system.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote