View Single Post
Old 18-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #48
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Re: Advice on buying BF Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Sure the modded parts are likley to hold together but its the pressure they put on other standard parts. For instance leaving a 4 inch dump pipe on and returning tune to stock will hurt the car or if tune is left there but injectors returned to stock.. Even intake swap can upset the tune..

Anyone that buys a half a$$ed car is asking for trouble in the first place, as for standard parts failing under stress/pressure well they'll be going BOOM anyway if you take a car out to beyond the equipments capabilities.

Your point is invalid as this is bound to happen whether they buy a car standard then mod it themselves or buy it modded.

As has been said in a previous post, more often than not owners of modded, but more so owners of highly modded, cars tend to 'over service' their cars and fix things before they might actually need it. A quick drive will usually tell you if something's NQR about a car, but anyone that buys a modded car without performing any kind of due diligence is asking for trouble.

It's safer to say that we agree to disagree, however in saying this I found it funny how you say that even though your car is modified you don't drive it hard.........why then is it modified and how is it possible that you are the only person that drives their car with kit gloves?? either you do drive it hard or you're lieing, or it's also possible that others drive their cars with care regardless of how modified they are.

It's all in the description I guess "I THRASH my car" or "I drive my car Spiritedly" ...........same thing.

Bottom line get it checked, regardless of what it is or what's been done/not done to it.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote