View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #897
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post
The first two to go will be Astra and Commodore, which going by their more recent sales figures, aren't going to be missed by the dealerships.

Holden will/have reduced the Astra and Commodore lineups and are importing less and less volumes of the two and I'm almost betting that Australia won't see either facelifts of the Astra and Commodore.

It has been rumoured that Holden will be a 5 vehicle lineup in the near future and will do this without any passenger cars, so just SUV's and a Ute, so Trax, Equinox, Acadia, Trailblazer and Colorado. Yes, there will be the Corvette, but that will be badged and sold as a Chevrolet.

I really don't understand why GM is holding onto Holden and then treating it the way it has. I think the sooner PSA buys Holden the better off it'll be. At least then it'll have a complete catalogue of vehicles to choose from and they way PSA is moving towards electrification with all of it's vehicles, this too would help the Holden brand. There is one glaring hole in PSA's lineup though and it's a Ute, so they would need to do something there quick smart!
If holden become a 5 vehicle company and loose the colorado, they either find a replacement or drop to 4, either way, those Chevy badges are looking like a simpler cost saving and marketing tool.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon