View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 12:11 AM   #13
REDDYZ

You are welcome and good to see another Cougar back on road If I would have seen those lines before it comes to our workshop, I could have replaced them for you at no cost which could have saved labour charges coz its very easy to take it on or off. I was in the impression that it was all metal line with a plastic tip at the end, until I saw the lines when u got them. I couldnt see on my car as I have to take the air filter box off to see the clutch lines. Anyway its all good now. I waited for sometime to meet you yesterday while you pickup your car, but couldnt wait longer as I had someother work on the way home. I have driven your car and its smooth. I thought engine would be rough but its very smooth. It will get better as you drive. Clutch is fine too. Out of curiosity I replaced seals on the old lines and air tested with air blower and the joint was still leaking. Upon closer inspection I found that surface inside the joint was all burised, could have happened while trying to spilt those joints. Also, we have put die in the a/c system which seals any minor leaks and also acts as lubricant and in case if there is a leak, it can be traced by the die. I know what its like with leaking compressor. Its very hard to find compressors for cougars. They are very expensive. Anyway, If any problems in future feel free to call me and I will do my best.

cheers

Yogi
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote