Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #3290
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
quite a few crashes in stage 1. kudos to the young American Lawson Craddock for finishing the stage after his early crash.
https://www.velonews.com/2018/07/tou...g-stage_471697

i'm not a big fan of Froome, and don't cheer people for crashing, but part of me did like seeing that he'll now have to come back from nearly a minute down this year. It shouldn't really pose much of a problem for someone of his ability, esp given he is a pretty good time triallist also, but at least its a slight handicap. Unfortunately Porte was in the same group at the finish (caught up in an earlier crash) so is also coming from behind once again.
That American kid was still going last night, I'm glad he got through the 1st day. He looked like he was in a lot of pain lopsided as he was. Last night he looked straight again.

I must say I'm over the whole froome thing. If you require drugs to be racing then maybe you shouldn't race. Years ago I was given steroids to open up my lungs when I was in icu. It's amazing what they do, it's like supercharging a human body. I'm not surprised people can't keep up with him.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: