Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #3280
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
so the late nights/early mornings are about to start again.

tour de france kicks off on Saturday.

I don't really follow world cycling, but am always drawn to this event. my boss is good mates with marcel kittel who had a good start to his green jersey campaign last year. I like watching the sprinters in the early part of the tour. gets a bit hilly for them later on though.
Enjoy mate. Im going sleep soundly this July. If Richie is in contention I might watch the highlights package at best. In general I’m done with pro road cycling. It’s become just a bunch of prima-donnas cruising around in their team group waiting for someone to take off. Then once someone does, the others just sit back and look at each other “holding tempo” or looking for someone to “help” them chase. Plus, the whole Chris Froome drug thing is garbage and really shows that anyone in control has no balls to take the steering wheel. Money has ruined it IMO.
My son recently started BMX racing and subsequently so have I. It’s a much friendlier scene and way more exciting to watch. With the pro races freely available on youtube streams via UCI and BMXlive TV channels, Mix that with some mountain biking with things like crankworx and dark fest. Way more appealing than a bunch of dudes in Lycra rolling around the country side talking about sock hight and coffee. I’m not even bothering with road racing anymore, unless I having trouble sleeping.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: