View Single Post
Old 18-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #34
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: IRS upper shock mount - Permanent fix

I'm beginning a search for old mounts from tomorrow, hopefully over the next couple of days I'll have a handful.

I'll also get the pieces cut and sorted, and I'll also order some shock rubbers.
I also need to know who will want rubber shock bushes or Poly, as I'd like to supply all the necessary bits for a clean changeover.

jeffb - I actually can't remember what height the tube was, as we were just cutting until it made the 2 halves sit in the jig right.
I'll give you the exact sizes when I make it from the new material.
The disk went inside the tube, and was welded from the top.

To all - The subject of how to pay has also been raised. Paypal was mentioned.
FWIW, I absolutely hate Paypal, and won't use it. I won't bore you with the details.
My preferred payment is direct deposit into my account.
I know some of you may have an issue with that and I understand, however all I can say is I've never had an issue with anyone to do with money, and anyone who I've dealt with here can chime in any time they like.
I've also run a business for more than 16 years in a different industry and have never had any complaints to do with the money side of things.

If you're still not convinced, perhaps we can have some one from AFF admin put the $$ in trust or some such thing. I don't know.

I'll let you know how I go with mount hunting.