View Single Post
Old 28-06-2022, 05:19 PM   #2027
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

One thing about Australia, we have a bucket loads of rules and regulations. Hopefully some of those will prove useful when times get tough. I recall when APRA raised the alarm on lending approaching or hitting 1:6 on income to loan ratio, the banks started to tighten their lending criteria. Possible dangers are those "low doc" loans that some banks were dishing out a while ago. That could come back and bite hard, or the "liar loans". I highly doubt RBA will make decisions that will cause a rout in the market, its not what they were designed to do. Any potential crash will likely be caused by something out of the left field, an event that we haven't even discussed yet.

Doom and gloom. What a great time for first home buyers, if they don't get caught up in the doom and gloom themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
yep,yep and yep...been following Martin for few years now.

Most balanced views on the internet IMHO.

I wonder how long it will take some people to figure out that the RBA rate is just a base rate...the banks have always had rates rise out of cycle with the RBA...0.9%...wow...didn't even get a whimper on the main stream media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus
There's a couple of feeds I follow on YouTube including Martin North from Digital Finance Analytics and IOTP. Great statistics and information about what the likely scenario is in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane once interest rates hit 5% plus soon. It'll be like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Plenty of bargains to be picked up in the next 18-24 months imo.

So, what was the gist of what was said? Whats the prediction?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: