View Single Post
Old 17-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
mcsweenyfives

Default MD Titanium headlight fault

So the wife was driving the MD Titanium and stopped at the dry cleaners. No problems before this. When she returned the dash came up with a headlamp fault and the car would not start. I always leave the headlamps on auto so it never changes. I told her to turn the lights off and then the car started but still came up with the headlamp fault.
But then it gets better. The car starts beeping as she was driving along the road. Lots of pedestrians giving a wave. She never knew she had so many friends. I guess that's the consequence of owning Fords.
Anyway after the next stop there beeping stopped but the fault continued.
Next day fault occurred and the left headlamp kept wandering out to the left for no reason and then nothing since.
Took to the dealer 4 days later as that was the earliest they could squeeze me in.
Turns out a right headlamp fault was logged so I am guessing the left has tried to compensate for it. They cleared it and retested but no further issues. So not fixed but I have to observe. They did do a handbrake software update though.
I don't know if it is linked but the wife later informs me that at night the headlamps on occasion had gone to high beam without any control.
Just wondering if any others have experienced any of this.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
mcsweenyfives is offline   Reply With Quote