View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #35
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Sorry for the loss, but just a warning, be prepared to cop a hard time from the insurance company, they see this thing happen all the time and a lot of the time it is by the cars owner trying to make a claim. because of this they will normally give an owner the 3rd degree about every little fact and how it occured and how it happened with out keys etc etc.

Hopefully this does not happen to you.

had it happen to a guy I knew years ago, turned out he did organise a guy to steal his car and destroy it like yours, the owner had a good aliby etc and they eventually found him out.
He lost his job as he worked in finance, he could not get any insurance for anything else at the time (not sure if that is still the case) he got charged by the cops, he had to pay the finance company and he had no car left.
yeah, i copped a bit of grief from them today, but like i told them, they probably did do a bit of joyriding in it, i parked the car at 8.30 and it was discovered around 1.am. so anytime between there they could have done so. i dont know what was taken, as everything that was left was burned to a crisp. there was money, a watch, shoes, clothes...etc etc. but insurance mob already asked if i have the key-yes, i do. so they started asking me questions etc etc about what i was up to and all that. after they where satisfied, they let me know that in two weeks, eveyrthing should be fine for the payout.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.