View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 11:53 PM   #337
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Time for a long overdue update! Still have the coupe, still goes good, no longer use it as a daily. Let the pictures do the talking...

Formal earlier last year, good fun for some friends.

Another from that formal.

Found another coupe in a carpark, couldnt find the owner unfortunately, anyone on here?

Then I bought a sensible daily driver, a BA XR6 Turbo Seriously though, I couldnt buy a Hyundai Getz for what I paid for this, thats Far North Queensland for you
Yup it goes hard, yup I miss the V8 rumble...

Then I moved closer to work, no more driving up and down the range every day, there is some very special people driving on that road. Cue pics at my new place, just because I could.

Then a formal. The girls father has a Celica GT4 race car but she didnt want to climb over the rollcage in a dress and heels, so I did it for them

Saw the black coupe again, only got to cruise together for a few blocks.

Did another formal.

Did another formal, was heaps of fun. Everyone met up just down the road from the venue, so all us car guys got to chat. And yep, the guy took 2 girls

Drove to work for the last day of work before the Christmas break to get it out for a run.

Then this happened on the way home! Yup rolled over 400,000km and still going

I also had a rust repair guy come have a look at the coupe. Surprise surprise it has some cancer, all fixable though.
Drivers side plenum isn't healthy, leaks water into the drivers footwell.
The piece from the rear window down to the parcel shelf is pretty much completely gone, also leaks water. So probably around mid year I'll take the coupe in to this guy and get it back better than new!

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: