View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #3156
Focused

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Actually... to be fair... that was the case for Fairmont and above... but for Falcon & Futura models... the EL had an all new bonnet, headlights (well, lenses at least), front bumper and included a grill (where the EF didn't have one).... then had the orange indicators in the rear tail light assembly (as you stated), as opposed to the EF's clear indicators (confusingly opposite on Wagon)... switch gear, etc. inside became colour coded... and there was a roll centre adjustment in the rear end (!?? from memory) plus a myriad of minor changes elsewhere, no doubt
You're right actually, the low series EL did get a new bonnet and bumper. I stand corrected.
Quote:
Um my point was the changes are mostly cosmetic, which is essentially what you just wrote yourself. E.g same running gear and most interior unchanged. Apart from a different front and rear end, most of whats in between hasnt changed and more than likely wont for cost reasons.
Fair enough, but the FX will look noticeably different to the FG whilst you'll need to be a real car enthusiasts to pick the EF-EL and BA-BF cosmetic changes. I expect, from directly in front of and behind the new car, you won't even know it's based on the FG.

Quote:
And again, to be fair... in the change from AU3 to BA... the rear floorpan of the car was changed to allow for the control blade IRS set-up.. which included a slight wheelbase increase... then the entire front & rear sheet metal was replaced.. and the roof (to change the top line of the front & rear screens, lower the mid point of the roofline etc.) and there were changes to the front chassis rails & radiator panel, etc also. I know you did say "minus the interior & running gear"... but the list in those areas is almost endless.
Yeah the IRS counts as "running gear" in my previous comment. I thought I'd actually read that the FX is getting a new rear-quarter panel but don't quote me. I was led to believe that the only thing (externally) that the FG was carrying over was the doors and roof so it's a decent facelift. Again, I may be wrong.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote