View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #30
Ruination

Default Re: NBN Fibre to the Node (FTTN) - What does it mean to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Our little street got done over a year ago. Fibre to the premise, the funny thing is not a single person on the street is signing up to NBN as it is quite expensive and personally I am very happy with my current broadband arrangements.

We live on a street with a lot of retirees, pensioners so not much interest talking to my neighbours.

Would of preferred that they did Fibre to the node and we simply pay to have a further connection. Seems like a huge waste of taxpayer money on something that none of us requested. At least it future proofs the houses.
So wrong, so so wrong.
NBN pricing is extremely competitive, and there are so many variables that can change the pricing.

I was previously on an adsl2 500gb a month plan with iinet, $69 a month.
I now have NBN with them 500gb, with the fastest speed possible 100/40mb (yes, you can choose slower speeds and pay considerably less)
I also have fetch tv included and a voip telephone with all hardware included. For $89 a month.
Now if you consider the slowest speed possible on NBN which I think was standard adsl 2 speeds of 25mb it was $20 cheaper.

I also have the NBN battery backup and all NBN hardware installed at no cost.
I suggest your retiree mates do a bit of research before grumbling over it.

Maybe YOU don't want to be living in the now with the awesome technology on offer, but Australia is decades behind in communication infrastructure compared to the rest of the world.

If you honestly think this is a waste of taxpayers money, you should consider the billions wasted on everything else this government throws money at.
2 users like this post: